Thursday, February 23, 2006

Walk America

I know it's been a long time since I last updated this. I figured since it's been a little over 2 months since my last update I'd better let y'all know what's going on in my life. I was laid off of my last job in January and less then a week later became the center manager for the Whittier Community Center. I have been keeping up with the Weight Watchers and have lost 11.2 lbs to date. I go in again on Saturday for my weigh in.

The main impetus for this post was to let you know that I have signed up for the March of Dimes Walk America coming up here in April and will be looking for sponsorship. If you can please give a donation to this very worthy cause at http://www.walkamerica.org/katrinajoy or sign up to walk and collect donations yourself. The Logan walk is a 5 Mile walk starting at Willow Park on Saturday 4/29 at 10AM.

If you don't currently walk on a regular basis here's a good place to start. It has all kinds of information and ways to keep your walking fun. Also a Message Board for moral support and training ideas.

I have also been knitting of course. I have finally gotten the correct gauge for Rogue and am starting row 13 of the body. I haven't worked on it for about a week as I'm still not sure if I want to put on the kangaroo pocket. I'm thinking yes. Unfortunately that means yet another gauge swatch cause that's knit flat not in the round. Perhaps I'll just forgo the pocket as I'm too durned lazy to do that gauge swatch. I don't know I'll have to see what I feel like when I pick it up again later.

I have done quite a bit more on my mohair shawl. It's hard to gauge the doneness of that project though as I'm not sure if I'm going to knit until I run out of yarn or until it looks big enough. On that one I just keep plugging along and when I'm done I'll know. So you may see the status on that one jump from it's current status of 20% to 100% over night.

I haven't done much more on my socks as my cysts in my fingers have been bugging me lately and those little needles and little yarn hurt to hold. I need to work on those though as I have like 3 more skeins of yarn waiting to become socks and they're calling to me. "Knit me! Knit me!" I can hear them when I sleep. It's really annoying.

Anyway I think that's all for now. A lot I know but that's cause it's been a really long time since I've updated. Oh yeah and here comes the ever forgotten promise of pics as soon as I get that software reloaded on my newly updated PC.

1 comment:

Isela said...

I am going to look into the walk...I may even get a friend to join me too :)