- Where did you begin 2008?
In a crappy duplex with my ex and 2 roommates.
- What was your status by Valentine's Day?
I was unfortunately on my way to becoming single. My relationship with my ex started to deteriorate by this time as I had signed up to become a MA instructor and working another full time job. This is also the day I lost that job.
- Were you in school anytime this year?
Not this year but I have plans to be on my way to my DVM by this time next year.
- How did you earn your money?
Most of the year as a MA instructor with USSD.
- Did you have to go to the hospital?
Fortunately not this year. Although with the way we sparred as instructors it was a possibility.
- Did you have any encounters with the police?
Yes. I was pulled over on the way to my mom's house for no insurance.
- Would you relive 2008 over and over again?
Most of it no. There were quite a few good experiences this year but for the most part it sucked ass.
- What did you purchase that was over $1000?
I didn't make any large purchases this year.
- Did you know anybody who got married?
Yes. One of my fellow instructors at the Taylorsville studio got married.
- Did you know anybody who passed away?
My ex's sister committed suicide this year.
- Did you know anyone who had a baby?
Nobody that I know had a child this year. Although I know of a couple of people that are trying.
- Did you move anywhere?
Yes. I moved twice. Once into my studio for a little while. Then into the place I am now.
- What concerts/shows did you go to?
No concerts or shows in 2008. Gotta fix that for 2009.
- Are you registered to vote?
Have been since I was 18.
- Do you still have the same job as you did in 2007?
No. I was fired from that job in February, and I'm so happy that I was.
- Has anyone betrayed you in 2008?
Yes! But we wont go into what my definition of betrayal is or how it happened.
- Where do you live now?
In a basement room with some friends.
- Describe your birthday?
My birthday was nothing special. I worked.
- What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2008?
I never thought I'd become a MA instructor. I thought I'd remain just a student forever.
- What has been your favorite moment?
My favorite moment's of 2008 were in the studio. When I was able to explain something to one of my students and I could see the light turn on when they understood it.
- What's something you learned about yourself?
I give too much of myself and don't have enough left over for me. I've become much more selfish these last few months.
- Any new additions to your family?
No new family members, that I know of, this year.
- What was your best month?
My best month would have to have been June when I was given my own studio.
- Were you in a relationship this year?
Yes. It ended before I was ready for it to end, but that's usually the way they do. I have met quite a few new wonderful people since that relationship ended and am having a blast.
- What music will you remember 2008 by?
That has got to be the Spazmatics. I love 80's pop and they're a local cover band. Since being introduced to them I haven't missed a show.
- Who has been your best drinking buddy/buddies?
I don't really drink on a regular basis so I don't have any drinking buddies.
- New friends?
Matt, my favorite Mormon friend. Chan and Brian, my roommates.
- Favorite Night out?
The night I met Matt. We went to a hockey game, had sushi, and then saw the Spazmatics. Three of my favorite things.
- Would you say you've changed since the beginning of this year?
Yes I have grown a lot this year. I have learned things about myself that have helped me to be a better person.
- Do you think 2009 will be better or worse?
I can't tell the future so I don't know. I certainly hope it will be better. At least for me I know it will.
There you have it. The year in review 2008 in meme form. Look for it again next year.