Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 The Year in Review

So I have a friend that lives in Arizona. She's addicted to meme's and I figured I'd use some of them here so y'all can learn more about me. This one is going to be a yearly tradition on New Years Eve.

  1. Where did you begin 2008?
    In a crappy duplex with my ex and 2 roommates.

  2. What was your status by Valentine's Day?
    I was unfortunately on my way to becoming single. My relationship with my ex started to deteriorate by this time as I had signed up to become a MA instructor and working another full time job. This is also the day I lost that job.


  3. Were you in school anytime this year?
    Not this year but I have plans to be on my way to my DVM by this time next year.


  4. How did you earn your money?
    Most of the year as a MA instructor with USSD.


  5. Did you have to go to the hospital?
    Fortunately not this year. Although with the way we sparred as instructors it was a possibility.


  6. Did you have any encounters with the police?
    Yes. I was pulled over on the way to my mom's house for no insurance.


  7. Would you relive 2008 over and over again?
    Most of it no. There were quite a few good experiences this year but for the most part it sucked ass.


  8. What did you purchase that was over $1000?
    I didn't make any large purchases this year.


  9. Did you know anybody who got married?
    Yes. One of my fellow instructors at the Taylorsville studio got married.


  10. Did you know anybody who passed away?
    My ex's sister committed suicide this year.


  11. Did you know anyone who had a baby?
    Nobody that I know had a child this year. Although I know of a couple of people that are trying.


  12. Did you move anywhere?
    Yes. I moved twice. Once into my studio for a little while. Then into the place I am now.


  13. What concerts/shows did you go to?
    No concerts or shows in 2008. Gotta fix that for 2009.


  14. Are you registered to vote?
    Have been since I was 18.


  15. Do you still have the same job as you did in 2007?
    No. I was fired from that job in February, and I'm so happy that I was.


  16. Has anyone betrayed you in 2008?
    Yes! But we wont go into what my definition of betrayal is or how it happened.


  17. Where do you live now?
    In a basement room with some friends.


  18. Describe your birthday?
    My birthday was nothing special. I worked.


  19. What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2008?
    I never thought I'd become a MA instructor. I thought I'd remain just a student forever.


  20. What has been your favorite moment?
    My favorite moment's of 2008 were in the studio. When I was able to explain something to one of my students and I could see the light turn on when they understood it.

  21. What's something you learned about yourself?
    I give too much of myself and don't have enough left over for me. I've become much more selfish these last few months.


  22. Any new additions to your family?
    No new family members, that I know of, this year.


  23. What was your best month?
    My best month would have to have been June when I was given my own studio.


  24. Were you in a relationship this year?
    Yes. It ended before I was ready for it to end, but that's usually the way they do. I have met quite a few new wonderful people since that relationship ended and am having a blast.


  25. What music will you remember 2008 by?
    That has got to be the Spazmatics. I love 80's pop and they're a local cover band. Since being introduced to them I haven't missed a show.


  26. Who has been your best drinking buddy/buddies?
    I don't really drink on a regular basis so I don't have any drinking buddies.


  27. New friends?
    Matt, my favorite Mormon friend. Chan and Brian, my roommates.


  28. Favorite Night out?
    The night I met Matt. We went to a hockey game, had sushi, and then saw the Spazmatics. Three of my favorite things.


  29. Would you say you've changed since the beginning of this year?
    Yes I have grown a lot this year. I have learned things about myself that have helped me to be a better person.


  30. Do you think 2009 will be better or worse?
    I can't tell the future so I don't know. I certainly hope it will be better. At least for me I know it will.



There you have it. The year in review 2008 in meme form. Look for it again next year.

No comments: