Monday, October 13, 2008

100 Chart Toppers the Year I Tested Out of HS

listbutton



Apparently Monday is LIST DAY. I was going to make Friday list day here, but noooooo. Miss abdpbt says that Monday's have to be list day. So fine! Here's my Monday list.

I was reading another blog recently. I can't remember which one it was and I can't remember where I found the list but here it is. The idea is that you go to this website, no I can't remember the address didn't I just tell you that, and find the list of 100 chart toppers the year you graduated from high school. Then you go through and bold the one's you liked. I have added comments on those bolded.


  1. Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio
  2. One Sweet Day, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
  3. Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion: Yeah I know sappy schlock, but I liked it.
  4. Nobody Knows, Tony Rich Project
  5. Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
  6. Give Me One Reason, Tracy Chapman: How can I not like a song by someone with the same last name as me. Seriously I really do like this song. Probably one of like 3 songs by Tracy that I actually like.
  7. Tha Crossroads, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
  8. I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis
  9. You're Makin' Me High/Let It Flow, Toni Braxton
  10. Twisted, Keith Sweat
  11. C'mon N' Ride It (The Train), Quad City Dj's: You're probably thinking by now that this girl has no taste. She liked this song? What's wrong with her? I didn't like it so much for the lyrics but the catchy beat that made it easy to dance to. No I didn't do the train.
  12. Missing, Everything But The Girl: I don't remember why I liked this song just that I did.
  13. Ironic, Alanis Morissette: There were a lot of Alanis song's that I didn't like but this one I did. I also loved the video for this song. I saw her in concert once and OMFG does this girl have some energy. It's like she did an 8-ball before she came out on stage. She couldn't sit still.
  14. Exhale (Shoop Shoop), Whitney Houston
  15. Follow You Down/Til I Hear It From You, Gin Blossoms: Another one of those top 40 songs with a catchy beat.
  16. Sittin' Up In My Room, Brandy
  17. How Do U Want It/California Love, 2Pac
  18. It's All Coming Back To Me Now, Celine Dion
  19. Change The World, Eric Clapton: Who wouldn't love a song that starts "If I could reach the stars I'd pull one down for you". EC has got to be one of my favorite musicians of all time. I've loved him since he was in Cream.
  20. Hey Lover, LL Cool J
  21. Loungin, LL Cool J
  22. Insensitive, Jann Arden
  23. Be My Lover, La Bouche
  24. Name, Goo Goo Dolls: Sometimes I wish I had someone that I could hide from the world with. Where it didn't matter who I was or what my name was. I think that's why I still like this song.
  25. Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel: I think that this song is a great commentary on where the world was at the time it was written and where we're still headed. Kind of sad but everyone is just looking for a quick buck.
  26. Where Do You Go, No Mercy
  27. I Can't Sleep Baby (If I), R. Kelly
  28. Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla: I think the main reason I liked this song is because I was a new pagan at the time and really into the goddess figure and it refers to god as a woman.
  29. You Learn/You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette: I liked this one because it tells you how you should live you life. Go out there! Make mistakes! That's how you learn how to be a better person and make better decisions.
  30. One Of Us, Joan Osborne: Again I think I liked this one because of my religious research. What if god was one of us? What would (s)he think of what we've done with the planet. I don't think (s)he'd be very happy.
  31. Wonder, Natalie Merchant
  32. Not Gon' Cry, Mary J. Blige
  33. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio: As much as I dislike rap I did like this song. I liked the movie too.
  34. Only You, 112 Featuring The Notorious B.I.G.
  35. Down Low (Nobody Has To Know), R. Kelly
  36. You're The One, SWV
  37. Sweet Dreams, La Bouche
  38. Before You Walk Out Of My Life/Like This And Like That, Monica
  39. Breakfast At Tiffany's, Deep Blue Something: "And I said what about, breakfast at Tiffany's. She said, "I think I, remember the film and as I recall, I think we, both kinda liked it" And I said , "well, that's the one thing we've got"". I liked it too. You gotta always look for what does work, not what doesn't work or you'll never make it.
  40. 1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New), Coolio
  41. The World I Know, Collective Soul: I've been on the edge before. I was pulled back by love. I don't think I ever want to go there again.
  42. No Diggity, BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre)
  43. Anything, 3t
  44. 1979, The Smashing Pumpkins: Dude it's a song about the year I was born. And Billy Corgan is HOT! with his little baby face and those chubby cheeks you just want to pinch til he bruises.
  45. Diggin' On You, TLC
  46. Why I Love You So Much/Ain't Nobody, Monica
  47. Kissin' You, Total
  48. Count On Me, Whitney Houston and Cece Winans
  49. Fantasy, Mariah Carey
  50. Time, Hootie and The Blowfish
  51. You'll See, Madonna
  52. Last Night, Az Yet
  53. Mouth, Merril Bainbridge
  54. The Earth, The Sun, The Rain, Color Me Badd
  55. All The Things (Your Man Won't Do), Joe
  56. Wonderwall, Oasis: I think everyone needs a wonderwall in their lives. Someone that they can talk to and be saved by sometimes.
  57. Woo-hah!! Got You All In Check/Everything Remains Raw, Busta Rhymes
  58. Tell Me, Groove Theory
  59. Elevators (Me and You), Outkast
  60. Hook, Blues Traveler: I think this has got to be one of the most honest songs I've ever heard. It tells the truth about the music industry. It doesn't matter what they say or if they mean it as long as it's catchy.
  61. Doin It, LL Cool J
  62. Fastlove, George Michael
  63. Touch Me Tease Me, Case Featuring Foxxy Brown
  64. Tonite's Tha Night, Kris Kross
  65. Children, Robert Miles
  66. Theme From Mission: Impossible, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen
  67. Closer To Free, Bodeans
  68. Just A Girl, No Doubt: I've felt like this many times in my life. Where someone else was controlling what they thought I should do. What they thought was right for me. I still feel like this sometimes. I'm just sick of everyone else telling me what they think will be right for me. I'm an adult. I'm almost freaking 30 for Christ's sake. Let me make my own decisions.
  69. If Your Girl Only Knew, Aaliyah
  70. Lady, D'angelo
  71. Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First), John Mellencamp
  72. Pony, Ginuwine
  73. Nobody, Keith Sweat
  74. Old Man and Me (When I Get To Heaven), Hootie and The Blowfish
  75. If It Makes You Happy, Sheryl Crow:I can't say exactly why I like this song. I just did. Maybe it was the hook.
  76. As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins
  77. Keep On, Keepin' On, Mc Lyte
  78. Jealousy, Natalie Merchant
  79. I Want To Come Over, Melissa Etheridge: Who doesn't feel teenage angst at unrequited love for the popular guy at school. The thing that made it really bad is that we were friends. He even told me once if I was older then there would've been something. Goddamn statutory rape laws.
  80. Who Do U Love, Deborah Cox
  81. Un-Break My Heart, Toni Braxton: I think this one came out not long after my BF left me for my Best Friend. Joke was on him though. He turned her gay.
  82. This Is Your Night, Amber
  83. You Remind Me Of Something, R. Kelly
  84. Runaway, Janet Jackson
  85. Set U Free, Planet Soul
  86. Hit Me Off, New Edition
  87. No One Else, Total
  88. My Boo, Ghost Town Dj's
  89. Get Money, Junior M.A.F.I.A.
  90. That Girl, Maxi Priest Featuring Shaggy: I wanted to be that girl.
  91. Po Pimp, Do Or Die
  92. Until It Sleeps, Metallica: This is post haircut and most of their stuff post haircut I didn't like. But this one I do.
  93. Hay, Crucial Conflict
  94. Beautiful Life, Ace Of BaseI think I wanted to be happy no matter what. This song gave me that hope.
  95. Back For Good, Take That
  96. I Got Id/Long Road, Pearl Jam
  97. Soon As I Get Home, Faith Evans
  98. Macarena, Los Del Rio
  99. Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie and The Blowfish
  100. Don't Cry, Seal: This goes along with wanting to be loved. Wanting someone there to hold me and tell me it would be okay and I didn't have to cry.

    Can you guess what year I graduated? Or actually tested out. I didn't "graduate" in the strictest sense of the term. I tested out before graduation because I was going to college at the same time as high school and what I was learning in college was more advanced than what I was learning AT THE SAME TIME at high school. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work though? College = more difficult than high school. Am I right?

    Remember I did say guess. Not go plug one of these songs into a search engine somewhere to see what year they were on the charts. So guess. What year did I test out of high school?

No comments: