Friday, May 13, 2005

Irish Hiking Scarf among other things

So I cast on for this last night and did a couple repeats of the pattern and just didn't like the way it was turning out. I don't know if it was because I was tired and knitting loosely, or if it was the yarn, or the metal needles. Yes I said metal. They were the only ones I didn't have in a project in the correct size.

Anyway the pattern came out very loose and lacy. Since the first one I'm doing is going to be for my fiance I didn't think lacy would be appropriate. So I ripped it all out. I'll do it again on smaller, bamboo, needles tonight and see how different it will look with a smaller gauge.

Also I'm just a little miffed. I bought a set of Brittany Birch Needles in size us 13 to make I-cords for my felted bags. Well yesterday while I was knitting one of them split! A big ole chunk of birch came off in my hand. (I'll post a pic when I get home. I mean it this time.) So I emailed them and am somewhat mollified for right now as they responded that they'd send a replacement and I don't have to send the old one back. We'll have to wait and see if, when it arrives.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting, albeit rather impatiently, for my Knit Picks order, shipped 5/10/2005. I'm a little concerned that the circular that I bought on the site will not be long enough, only 24". I'm thinking that maybe I'll just be able to scrunch the stitches up on the needle and then use point protectors when I have to set Rogue down. Does anyone know of a site out there that has recommended needle lengths for when working in the round?

I've also earned a whole $0.07 from my google ads. Thank you who ever click that ad. You're the greatest.

--K

1 comment:

Chef Messy said...

Don't you hate when your needles split? That happened to me with some crystal palace needles. Glad they're replacing them for you! Hows your Rogue coming?