Wednesday, June 01, 2005

SP5 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I wouldn't call myself a yarn snob but I do tend to stay away from the acrylics as they aren't the softest yarn in the world. I much prefer Alpaca, and Merino.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

No.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Not that I knot of but I do try to stay away from heavily scented items.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Since my doctor prescribed it as physical therapy in January of this year. So approximately 4 months.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lavendar is by far my favorite scent, with vanilly following a very close second.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Well duh. Of course. I especially like dark chocolate, but not too dark. And NOT white chocolate. It's not really chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Right now I don't really have any other crafts. I used to do cross stitch but haven't in a very very long time.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love old school techno. Yes my PC can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color is purple. Any shade. There aren't really any colors that I don't like but purple is by far the best.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Not sure what you mean by family situation but, I'm engaged and I have a cat.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To win a multi-million dollar lottery and never have to work again so I can spend all day knitting.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

As stated above alpaca is my current favorite, I also love merino. I also like mohair. I don't currently have a favorite weight tho most of my projects have been done in worsted or chunky.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything itchy or not very forgiving. If it's too stiff, like cotton, it agrivates my wrist from my surgery.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Look to the right. I don't really have an obsession but I'm making a couple of mohair projects right now. I've also got a bunch of yarn just sitting waiting for me to go get the right size needles.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Don't really have any faves right now. I'm sure that after I've been knitting longer I'll come up with something that I just have to knit all the time.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Again look to the right

18. What do you think about ponchos?

They're okay as long as they don't look like something my mother would have worn when she was my age.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on what I'm making. If it's something small like a baby sweater straight, If it's something large, or knit in the round, circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Addi Turbo's. Nuff said

21. Are you a sock knitter?

I'd like to be.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Knitty Gritty and DIYnetwork.com

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

About 3 months

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

That'd have to be baby Stewie on Family Guy

25. What is your favorite holiday?

My Birthday :)

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None. Why subscribe when you're not sure if you like the patterns in the magazine until after you've seen it? I'd rather purchase the one's I know I'll like and acutally get some use out of.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Not really.

1 comment:

Chef Messy said...

Wow, looks like you guys are all having lots of fun with this!