Friday, January 18, 2008

New Blog

So I have decided that this blog will now be abut nothing but my knitting. My "life in general blog" has been moved to Karate Skunk. If you want to read about what's going on in my life that's where you need to go. If you want to read about my knitting you need to stay here.

I will be confiscating my camera back from my man. That way I can start posting pictures again. As of right now I don't have any pics but I do have a description.

I have become addicting to knitting dishcloths. A really simple pattern that I found online, see below, that has existed for forever and a day. I have already made 7 and have another one on the needles and enough yarn for 37 more. They're great as they keep my fingers sane. They only take a couple of hours to knit and give me a break from my larger, read boring, projects. They're also mindless so I can do them whenever I have free hands. Usually at work between phone calls.

The Pattern

With any cotton yarn, YARN not thread, you can get at Wal-Mart or Joanne's or similar store, cast on 4 sts on size 7 needles.

Row 1) K across
Row 2) K2, yo, K across

Repeat row 2 until desired number of stitches (this will be the diagonal from corner to corner). I like 50 stitches for a dishcloth.

Row 3)K1, K2tog, yo, K2tog, K across

Repeat row 3 until 4 sts remain. Knit one row even with 4 stitches. Bind off. Weave in ends.

It takes approximately 1.1 oz of yarn to make one 50 stitches across. If you buy the 2.0 oz balls of cotton yarn they sell at Wal-Mart you can make one 50 stitches and one 45 stitches and barely have any yarn left over.

Now back to knitting.

No comments: