Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New knits

Normally I wouldn't call this knitting but it's a knitted fabric in the end soooooooooo. Joann's had Knifty Knitter kits on sale for $10.00. Three looms, scissors, measuring tape, and the tool to get the loops off all for $10.00. Couldn't resist.

In the instruction book that came with it there was a pattern for a braided scarf that was made on the little spool loom. I was supposed to use the 5 stitch side but used the 8 stitch side instead. The strands probably would have been longer had I used the right side but oh well.

I had this pink yarn that I had purchased to make a different scarf for a friend but she is no longer deserving of that. That's another story for my other blog. So I made the tubes and braided them together, it was really very quick, and this is what I got.

Photobucket

I have also recently become addicted to knitted dishcloths. They're great as they only take a couple of hours to knit and get my mind off the large hours and hours of stockinette I have on other projects. I've already completed 7 and have enough yarn for a lot more. Here are some of the completed one's (I've given 2 of them away).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

New yarn to make more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As usual the colors aren't entirely accurate but they're close.

Well it's time for me to get to karate now. I'll post at you later.

No comments: