Thursday, April 14, 2005

Frogging and Pictures

Well I ended up throwing away 2 of the sweaters that I bought to recycle. One of the mens sweaters as it was almost lace weight yarn and had been slightly felted so it kept breaking when I was trying to rip it apart.

The white ladies sweater was great and I got it completely torn apart and wrapped into hanks. Unfortunately when I washed it the yarn that I used to tie the hanks came undone and I ended up with a huge mass of tangled yarn.

The red ladies sweater came apart wonderfully as did the green mens sweater. I just have the heather blue ladies sweater to tear apart now.

As for what I'm knitting. I started my first ever sock. Wish me luck. I'll soon be to the heel. I have a lot of socks to knit as my local Michaels was having a sale on Moda Dea yarn for half off the usual price and I bought 12 skeins. I'll post pics when I get home.

I also spent money that I shouldn't have on a new digital camera yesterday. A Fuji E510 that was on sale at Staples for $70 less than BestBuy. As soon as I get the software installed I'll be able to get lots and lots of pics on here. Just like my friend Miriam.

--K

2 comments:

Esther said...

I can't wait to see your pictures! I am so envious of all of you knitters out there who recycle sweaters, I have yet to try it and I really want to, what a great way to get yarn! Miriam is my blog neighbor, stop by sometime: http://www.estherknits.com

Chef Messy said...

Hello fellow Loganite! Have I met you at knitter's night? My lovely friend Miriam linked us all to your blog today, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Congrats on the new Fuji, by the way! I'm itching for a new camera myself.