Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Schedules

This is yet another rant about my job there is knitting stuff at the end so if you don't want to read my bitching about Convergys just skip on down to the knitting stuff.

As you know from my previous post, and above, I work for Convergys. Well they have these things called variable shifts. I have one of these variable shifts. What this means that I can start anywhere from 2 hours earlier to 1 hour later than my "normal" start time. I can also have different days off from week to week.

When they want us to come in at a different than "normal" time or on a different than "normal" day they're supposed to give us three weeks notice. I just found out tonight that next week I have to start at 11am instead of 1 pm! What's the big deal you might ask. Well the big deal is my knitting class is from 9am to 11am on Saturdays. That means that I'll have to ruin my perfect attendance at work to be able to go to my knitting class on the 23rd. Argh!!!! Or I'll have to try to get the day unpaid or at least half of it. I am NOT missing my knitting class. I paid too much money for it and by that day it will be half over.

Enough of my ranting now on to knitting.

I didn't do much knitting today but I did go on a S.E.X. run.

I bought 5 sweaters from the local thrift store and I have already frogged one of them. It's in the washer right now in hanks so that I can hang then up with weights on the bottom to stretch them out and get rid of all the little kinks.

I love the thrift store. The 5 sweaters only cost me $14. 3 womens sweaters, White, red with flecks, and a nice heather blue one, and then 2 mens sweaters once again red, and a dark forest green.

Don't know what I'm going to make with the yarn yet but I'll be sure to post pics when I have them all in balls.

So I'm off to frog land to get the rest of these sweaters torn apart and then maybe a little knitting before bed. Once again it's after 11 here. Good thing I don't have to be in to work until 2:15 tomorrow.

--K

No comments: