Monday, May 23, 2005

Another FO!

I finished and felted my Oregon tote last night. It's drying right now and as soon as it's completely dry I'll post pics. It didn't turn out exactly like I expected. It shrank more width wise than height wise. So it's a lot deeper and not nearly as wide as I was expecting.

I've not gotten much done on any of my other projects. I'm working on making swatches for the Rogue. Takes a while cause I have to cast on nearly 200 stitches to fit around my circular needles. I'll only have to cast on about 17 stitches for the swatch on the flat needles to make sure I get the right guage. I really don't want to get half way thru this project and then find out I have to rip it out.

I also won an auction on Ebay last week for 11.5 lbs of grey wool yarn for only $25 including shipping. That's about $2.18/lb and it's over 6,700 yards. I can't wait til I get it to start making something with it. I'm not sure what I'll make yet. If nothing else, depending on the quality, I'll make more felted bags. One can never have enough felted bags.

--K

No comments: