Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Man Have I Been Remiss

I haven't posted in so long I bet some of you thought I fell off the face of the earth. Well I haven't. As you can probably tell from my August 10th post I wasn't really a very happy camper. Not very long after that I lost my job. Not a huge loss mind you as I didn't really like working nights.

I now have a new job in credit/collections. Business not personal. I'd never take a collections job where I had to call little old ladies at home and say things like, "Well I know you need food, medicine, and a roof over your head but you should have thought of that before you placed your order."

I have been knitting but very little. I finished a sock, picture to come when I get home, and have about 40% of the second one done. I've had to frog my progress on Rogue as I found out, and yes I checked before I started, that my gauge is off by a whole stitch per inch. That would end up being like 8" over the whole sweater. I know it's fashionable to wear things a little tight now but I think that's stepping over the bounds a bit. The thing that really makes me mad is I checked. I did! I swear! The only thing I can think is that I was tired when I made the swatch and knit it looser than I usually knit.

Now on to non-knitting news. We've started this thing at work where 7 of us are doing the biggest loser, and to that end I have joined Weight Watchers. Not sure how I like it yet but I've only gone to one weigh in and meeting. Other's have been on it and swear by it. Guess we'll have to weight, pun intended, and see. I have lost 9lbs. so far but most of that was before I joined.

Well that's all for now. Hope I haven't lost all my readers with such a long span between posts but sometimes life gets in the way.

No comments: